Yes. Every degree earned by any Accelerate University client is a regionally accredited (the highest form of accreditation) degree. The accreditation is most often through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. This means that these degrees have the same legitimate "weight" as a degree from any of the big name state schools and many of the more familiar private universities.
Is it possible to go on to graduate school, law school, medical school, etc?Because our clients earn bachelor's degrees which are regionally accredited, their degrees are transferable to any college or university in the nation. This means that with a high enough undergraduate GPA and high enough score on any required graduate level entrance exams (i.e. GRE, MCAT, LSAT, etc), Accelerate University clients have the same shot at grad school as any other college graduate.
What if we spend all this time and money on a college degree only to find out that I (or my son/daughter) can't get a job because their degree is from an unrecognizable school?We have not had a single client unable to get a job due to the school from which their degree came. Employers today are looking for experience, character and the necessary certifications required for the job. A bachelor's degree is quickly becoming a check box item much like graduating from high school. Most career fields have their own set of advanced degrees or additional training programs that employees will have to complete. These are the requirements we encourage you to pay close attention to--making sure you designate the appropriate time, energy and money into achieving.
An entire degree in 1 to 2 years? That's just the really smart students, right?Accelerate University clients are "normal" students--not just “gifted” or “geniuses." However, they are determined, diligent and disciplined students who are clear on the advantages of the AU Program and why they have chosen to participate in it. These characteristics are far more important to success than “giftedness.”
But I'm not a good test taker...We hear this concern a lot and we understand. That's why we teach test taking strategies--not to game the test, but to provide you with a comfortable and familiar process of working through the test in a way that allows you to best demonstrate your knowledge of the entire subject.
Isn't it important to graduate from a big name school?If by big name you mean Harvard or Yale...maybe. Otherwise, an undergraduate degree tends to be a box to be checked in the run of a standard business interview. There are fast food restaurants now requiring a college degree to flip burgers! The reality is that the bachelor's degree is just a normal expectation. It no longer elevates you above other applicants. So, why not knock out the bachelor's degree quickly and inexpensively and spend your time and money on a quality master's and/or doctorate...from a recognizable school?
These students can't really be learning that fast. You're just teaching to the test, right?No. We are teaching these students to learn very quickly and effectively. The speed of their success is the natural by-product of:
- Removing the student from the classroom.
- An individual student can always move faster (academically) than a class of 30, 100, 500, etc.
- Our students are not distracted by assignments from four or five other subjects clamoring for their attention. They are able to dig deep, get their minds wrapped around the material and demonstrate their understanding of the subject.
- Since they are not in a classroom full of other students of varying academic abilities and backgrounds, AU clients are taught to apply specific learning skills to isolate what they don't know and to process it in a way that it is permanently locked into their understanding of the subject.
What about the college experience?That depends on what you mean by the college experience. If you are talking about an experience that helps students successfully prepare for and transition into the adult world, yes, we do that. Accelerate University clients are trained to:
- Become independent, life-long learners.
- Manage their time wisely.
- Evaluate opportunities--from the timing of hanging out with friends to accepting a career launching internship.
- Respond correctly to success and to failure.
- Ask for help when they get stuck.
- Blend multiple responsibilities--school, work, service to others, time with family and friends, etc.
- Communicate with adults as adults.
- ...and a lot more!
If you mean living away from home and stretching their wings, that is doable. As long as clients have internet access and live in reasonable proximity to a certified testing center, the Accelerate University Program can be completed from just about anywhere.
If you mean suspend reality of responsibility for four years of parties, missed classes, and very little consequences...yeah...we don't do that.
What other questions do you have? Let us know and we'll be happy to answer them! If you would like to take a closer look at the Accelerate University Program, check out our
free informational webinar today!