When the average person first hears about programs like Accelerate University, it is not uncommon to hear many immediate concerns over what these students may be missing by not taking the traditional path to degree completion.
Even if the affordability of Accelerate University is a strong draw, parents still worry that it may be a "less-than" option. So we thought it would be helpful to briefly point out our top three reasons Accelerate University is the top choice for degree completion in today's world. Our clients are getting a serious jump on their peers. And we're looking for more who want to do the same!
Accelerate University Clients...
1. Complete a "four year" degree for less than $15,000 in under 1 year.The principle is very simple. A single student can always move more quickly than a full classroom. But additionally, the AU approach to learning carries a natural side effect that also exists in the real world: the more time and energy you put into a focused study of a topic, the more quickly you are able to master it. This does not exist in the traditional college classroom--not even if that classroom is an online classroom. Most classes are slated to run for a semester. It does not matter how much extra time you choose to study. You may get a good grade, but you are still going to be in that class for the three to four months.
Most AU students, in full-stride, are completing semester-long courses in one to two weeks. No, we don't sprinkle magic fairy dust to shorten the time. Nor do we teach them how to "game the system" or "study to the test." Instead, we focus on teaching our students to:
- Learn how to learn quickly and effectively
- Manage their time wisely
- Make good decisions on short-term and long-term goals
2. Use the other $55,000 saved on something more strategic.The cost of the average "four year" degree now runs anywhere from $70,000 to $150,000 at most schools. Obviously, private and Ivy League schools will run even higher. Because Accelerate University clients are only spending $10,000 to $15,000 on the same degree, they can put the money they save toward more strategic uses. Our favorites to recommend are:
- Seed money for a start-up business
- Traveling abroad
- Launching their adult lives financially responsibly
- Investing and Saving
- Paying for a Master's Degree that actually sets them apart from the rest of the field
3. Get ahead in the job market.The job market is rapidly changing. Gone are the days that a degree from a big name school will land you a job. While it still holds true for the very top, Ivy League schools, a Bachelor's Degree from a large state school just isn't going to do the trick. While their peers have been having the "college experience" for four-plus years, Accelerate University clients have typically been building their resumes through:
Perhaps most importantly, Accelerate University clients have spent time truly learning how to learn. With all that technology brings into our culture, perhaps the most challenging aspect is the speed with which our world changes. Today's young adults--just starting out in life--have to be able to learn the next new thing quickly and effectively or they will be left behind in this fast-paced world. Accelerate University is an approach to college which prepares students for the world in which they will succeed.